Poet, Writer, and watercolorist, a member of Indian Administrative Service (2013 batch), currently works as Director, Tribal Welfare, Government of Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada
Birth and education
- Sarabhavaram, East Godavari district, Andhra Pradesh
- Parents: Sri Venkatachalapathi and Smt.Satyavati
- MA in Philosophy, Andhra University,1985
- Joined Tribal Welfare Department through AP Public Service Commission in 1987.
- Joined Indian Administrative Service (2013 batch) and worked as Director, School Education and currently working as Director, Tribal Welfare, Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- Rendered services for the development of education among scheduled tribes and put in pioneering efforts in universalizing primary education in the tribal areas and for the development of primitive tribal groups in Andhra Pradesh.
- Published 35 books.
- (7) volumes of poetry, (4) volumes of literary criticism, (4) books on education, (1) collection of short stories, (1) collection of travel writing, and a collection of essays on contemporary social issues.
- Translated (13) books. Among them (3) books pertaining to Mahatma Gandhi:
- (5) books by Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam
- Compiled a representative collection of 100 years of Telugu short story
- Compiled and translated selections from 2500 years of Western Philosophy.
- Compiled and translated from the philosophical writings of Immanuel Kant
- Translated the travel writing of Japanese poet, Matsuo Basho.
- Compiled and translated the poetry of Kabir, a 15th-century Bhakti poet from India
- Sahitya Academi award for Translation of Dr.Kalams ‘Ignited Minds’ into Telugu in 2009.
- The best prose poem award from Telugu University, Hyderabad for ‘Punaryanam ‘in 2008
- Telugu University Endowment award for literary criticism in 2003.
- Nutalapati Gangadharam memorial award for ‘Nirvikalpa Sangitam’ in 1988.
- NTR Literary Award, 2021
Other interesting details
- Was a columnist for India Today Telugu from 2000-2003
- Visited UK, Malasia